Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting Wing Mirror on Ford Focus

Options
  • 19-01-2010 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi my wing mirror on my Ford Focus was kicked off last night. It is just hanging on by the wire. I'm wondering if I went to a garage how much should they be charging me to fix it back on? I'm not looking for a fancy job with the wiring system repaired just a basic job of fixing it back on. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Buckiefc

Did ya get it sorted, have the same problem with a focus, just hanging on by the wires. Not looking for the electrics to fit, just get the mirror back in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭nimbinsurfer

ya got a friend's brother who's a mechanic to do for a €100 that's as cheap as ul get it id say. U need a new wing mirror can't stick on the old one....stick it on with strong tape until u can get the new one put on. U can pick up second hand wing mirrors pretty cheap and then get someone to put it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

A couple of choices...

1. Bring it to a dealer/ garage and get them to fit a new unit... not sure on cost..

2. Go to local Auto breaker/salvage yard and buy one and fit it yourself...
    Should cost around €40 plus spray paint...

3. Buy a surpurious part, brand new from the likes of Micksgarage.ie, €60 for a manual unit €85.00 for an electric unit... fit it yourself..

fitting it yourself is very very easy....
    plenty of guides on line on how to do it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

robtri wrote: »
    3. Buy a surpurious part, brand new from the likes of Micksgarage.ie, €60 for a manual unit €85.00 for an electric unit... fit it yourself..

I did this a while back on a Punto, just be warned, in this case the spurious part certainly felt flimsier than the original but it went on fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

two days back my focus got NCT'ed, but today passenger side hanging by threee wires no damage to mirror dont know how it happend (its parked all day on road drive way).. need to take local mechnic and see what he says.. Lucky in way not happend on NCT day. But still its gonna cost me..

What you folks think buying ebay .. http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370214161027

• Advertisement
Advertisement