Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing folders in W7 for Blu-Ray player access

Options
  • 19-01-2010 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Ok I got this working with Linux a long time ago but have never been able to get the same in Windows, samba shares (shared to Guest) show up in the player over the wireless no problem and playback fine.
    The player sees my W7 computer, just not the shared folders I have, I've tried sharing with Guest, Everyone, Homegroup, changed the permissions, and I'm out of ideas... how do I get these things to be seen to the outside world!

BD player is a LG BD390 bu googling doesn't give any obvious answers.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Can the PC see it's own shares

Can another PC see the W7 shares

what firewall are you running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

In Network>EOGHAN-PC there's Movies, TV and Users shared folders.

My brother has W7 on his laptop have to check with that later, need his password.

Windows Firewall only.

*bump* Yep I can see the shares from my bros laptop and navigate them via the Homegroup.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Have you tried using Windows Media Player sharing?

That's how I share things with my Sony BDP-S350.

Or, your player should have come with "Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials" and apparently using that on your PC can aid with sharing stuff out for your player to see.

I think I removed Media Player, never use it, I also didn't open whatever that disk was with the player but I think it was that Nero one, might give it a shot if there's no other way? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement