Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing help please lads

Options
  • 19-01-2010 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Hi there lads, leaning towards a direct labour build over contractor, but still not decided.

looking for some advice on pricing, basically how much would it cost roughly for a QS to spec up material costs for a new build?

When speccing out a new build and sending it out to tender what kind of information do you need, i.e. it will have LED down lighters, it will use this wood burner and this kitchen..... kinda confused on this lads.

Lads if anyone has any previous tender letters or details attached would greatly appreciate it along with any QS recommendations, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Hi,
    If I was to measure this up, price and compile a materials list, I would probably charge around the €280-300 mark. That would include a priced bill with a breakdown of costs and a materials list.
    When sending a new build out to tender you will need a detailed set of drawings, with a spec and/or a bill. PC sums can be inserted for 2nd fix electric, fireplaces and kitchens which can be agreed as the project progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Cheers thanks for that was looking for a rough price guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

What is your proposed budget?

Hasn't been finalised yet but around 250000 - 300000 not including site costs etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭justflow1983

Any QS I've ever worked with always costed from our drawings as architects. The more detailed the drawing package, the more accurate the costing is. Do you already have a design for this project and/or construction documentation?

• Advertisement

Ye I have the design completed and I have building docattached with it containing the specs so
    wot which I'm currently changing I.e. Insulation levelsand stuff like that

Advertisement