Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard/keybind issue

Options
  • 19-01-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I just got a new keyboard today. I play on my laptop so its a bit of a step up, few extra buttons too. Anyhow I have a problem with it, it wont let me use 3 buttons at once. For example, if I am holding W+A to move and press Y to shapeshift nothing happens, it only works when I do W+Y or A+Y. ANy ideas?
    Thanks alot

(microsoft media 3000 keyboard by the ways)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I think it's called "ghosting", and what you'd be wanting is a keyboard with "anti ghosting". I'm not sure if that MS keyboard has the anti ghosting.

The anti ghosting just allows you to press multiple keys at the same time, without any problems. Particularly I think brought in for gamers, who like to press WASD in one way or the other at the same time as multiples of other keys.

A lot of keyboards have the tech in them these days, surprised the one you have doesn't

It might not be that at all but that's just I'm thinking anyway as a first guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Cheers Nehaxak,
    That helped me find out some more about it. Apparently its down to the rows and colums of keys on the keyboard too. Here is a little info from another forum I visited:

"I don't think it's necessarily always 3 keys, just the wrong 3 keys. Imagine the keys are laid on a 2-D grid (rows and columns). When you press a key, the controller sees the row and column of the key being pressed.

Now imagine two keys being, pressed, both on the same row. You'll see the one row being signaled, and two columns being signaled. You can still determine which two keys are being pressed.

Now imagine pressing a third key in a different row, but the same column as the first key. If all you can see is that two rows are being signaled and two columns are being signaled, it could be anything from 2-4 different keys depending on how you interpret it."

Interestingly, if I press W+A and SHIFT+C to cast rejuv it works with no problems at all:rolleyes:

Advertisement