Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear Aussie

Options
  • 18-01-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

A mate over in Oz sent me Season 1 and 6eps of Season 2 so far of Top Gear Australia. Have to say not too bad actually.

http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/topgearaustralia/episodes/page/season/1

In fact, I find it more enjoyable at times as clarky aint in it. Now im not a clarky hater, but some times he goes overboard and can be unbarable.

They changed one presenter in Season two as he didnt have the time to do the second season, and Im still not sold on the new guy who is a Jazz trumpeter, but the other two lads are fine.

Steve is a bit like hammond...but is a experienced driver.
    Warrren who seems to be an aussie clone of James May. Drives slow. Likes old things and gets lost.

Challenges aint bad. some interesting things, and some bits robbed from the UK show.

Downsides:
    Instead on SIARPC, they have Star in a Bog Standard Car which is the same but with a proton and so far I have recognised only 1 guest. Goose from Madmax movie.

Instead on a cool wall, they have a "What were they thinking" wall, which is useless to be honest.

They seem to be copying the same formula as TG UK, which is a watchable bit of telly but the serious motor enthusiast would not be greatly impressed.

One good thing, they are big into there aussie motors, which means lots of V8 holdens etc to muck about with.

All in all, gonna keep watching it when I get my hands on more episodes.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Steve is the one carring the show, Some of the Steve Wazza Stuff can be great, some of Wazza's own stuff is a bit weird, Shark fishin Moke anyone :confused:

but hey they have V8 Fords hoonin abou, whats not to like.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

I would rather watch an autopsy of a relative.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

but hey they have V8 Fords hoonin abou, whats not to like.

Just warming up the tyres ;)

Bit harsh, but hey each to their own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I know how ya feel mate, I've a few Rellies like that :D:D:D:D

Whats the word for an Autopsy done while the person is still alive??

Advertisement