Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Helen Flanagan (Rosie Webster)a good actress?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

I think she's woeful. Her facial expressions are so pantomime and exaggerated. A good actor can emotion with their eyes..She has to contort her face into exaggerated expressions to show feelings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Ann22 wrote: »
    I think she's woeful. Her facial expressions are so pantomime and exaggerated.
    A good actor can emotion with their eyes..She has to contort her face into exaggerated expressions to show feelings.

Perhaps because she's playing a spoiled, tantrum throwing, drama queen style brat?

Those facial expressions and her body language, match her character's personality very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I agree with Ann

I think she's an awful actress!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

She's not an actress. Like a lot of others in Corrie, she's playing herself - it's just because she's the most one-dimensional of them all that she stands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

shes doin the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

She is savage.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Dont know if she is a good actress. I dont watch her acting ability if i am honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 storybud1

she is so bad...even schmichael is better than her...the kid who plays simon is very good

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I can't tell if she's poorly acted or poorly written. drama queen strops seem to be all she can do. As for the character going on about a boob job while her mother (recovering from surgery) is having radiotherapy for breast cancer.. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be that self centered and tactless. She's just horrible.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

She's pretty damn bad, but Sophie and David are much worse. However her ex Craig was played by a great actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

iguana wrote: »
    She's pretty damn bad, but Sophie and David are much worse. However her ex Craig was played by a great actor.

I'd say whoever plays David is a pretty damn good actor (unless he's just playing himself, in which case I'd be worried for him).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sorry i cant comment on her facial expressions...i never look up there.....:eek::D

Those of you pondering this issue should tune in next week and see the return of Liverpool actress Margi Clarke hamming it up as Tyrone's mother. She makes Helen Flanagan look like Dame Helen Mirren.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I cannot stand her. All the pouting she does.
    She is an awful actress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

She has her charms...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

uvox wrote: »
    She has her charms...:)

Can think of a couple of them without taxing the brain.

Yep. Fine actresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

They should pair her up with Graeme. I know she'd consider him beneath her but i think he'd be good for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

tits like whoa

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think that the problem with Flanagan has much more to do with the stupid storylines she is given and the way the direction has gone. She's turned from a normal, slightly rebellious teenager to a stupid, selfish moron. Rosie is nothing like the goth-girl who used to date Craig. I think the producers decided to make her take Tracey's place as the street's bitch and I don't think it works at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fitch34

I think she is useless, sophie is much better than her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,135 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No she cant act so she fits right in Corrie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

storybud1 wrote: »
    she is so bad...even schmichael is better than her...the kid who plays simon is very good
    That Simon kid is a brilliant little actor...he's adorable:)

I don't think Rosie is great..it could be down to the storylines or maybe the accent she uses (oops if it's her own:o) but I'm not sure...I can't actually pinpoint where I think she goes wrong but the overall performance just doesn't work for me. I can't see there being that many roles for her after Corrie!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

greenie wrote: »
    The bit after he had come home from running away, takes a big gulp of chocolate milk, wipes his mouth and goes "ah, I needed that!" was very funny. :)

I can't really tell if Rosie is a bad actress or just an annoying one-dimensional character. It's hard to differentiate. :confused:

I don't think Rosie is great..it could be down to the storylines or maybe the accent she uses (oops if it's her own:o) but I'm not sure...I can't actually pinpoint where I think she goes wrong but the overall performance just doesn't work for me. I can't see there being that many roles for her after Corrie!

I saw the 'Webster Family' on one of those quiz shows a while ago. It's Rosie's own accent all right, and the same goes for Kevin, Sally and Sophie.
    No prizes for guessing that Helen's score on the quiz nicely reflected the intelligence she displays in her on-screen role.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

She's awful, I can act better meself when I'm telling porkies to my kids. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KnocKnocKnock

I quite like her as an actress I'm always entertained by her roles/storylines and I think she has showed a bit of "range" by playing the pop princess wannabe preteen to the serious goth girl to the slutty bitch character she is at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Cracking set of tits though.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Cracking set of tits though.

Are they her own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Are they her own?

Heres a picture for ya........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

Sids Not wrote: »