Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Polo with trade in how much??

Options
  • 18-01-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi looking at buying an 05 polo 1.2 plus 5 door with approx 141,000km/88,000mls, trading in a 99 ibiza 122,000mls with broken clutch but everything else fine nct june 11 and new timing belt, how much should I expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

You'll be paying the gut of €7/8,000 in my opinion. Your car isn't really worth that much at all unfortunately. You'd be lucky to get €1,500 for it but the clutch will take the guts of €500 off that and giving it to a dealer he'll take a chunk of that for taking the trade in.

Ballpark figure: €8,000 for the polo, €500 for your car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

A 05 Polo is with those miles is worth 6k max (sticker price 6.5-7k) looking at similar cars on carzone, that's for straight sale cash, your own may be worth €500-€750 as a trade against this, you will likely be looking at €5500-€5750 and your own car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Have you considered using the scrappage scheme instead?

€6,995 + your car for a 2010 Fiat Panda

or € 8,950 + your car for a 2010 Renault Clio (3dr)

or €8,495 + your car for a 2010 Ford Ka

Just a thought, seem better value than a 5 year old Polo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 needtoknowasap

yea considered the scrappage deal alright but dont have the finances to go with it,not guarunteed a job past feb so cant afford to get a loan. Offered the polo for 4700 with my own,not bad considerin??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...tbh, if you're that close to not being at work, I wouldn't buy anything, and stick the 5k-odd in the bank/Post Office.

...there's no shortage of cars in the world to buy, when you're 'ready' good and proper.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

If you're unsure about work just get the clutch done in your own. When you know for sure it would be worth your while trying scrappage

Advertisement