Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a Solicitor?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi

My ex is buying me out of the house. I agree with the figure she offered and am happy to sell to her. Do I need a solicitor and if I do what for and does have anyone have any rough idea what the fee would be.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yes, you need a solicitor.

Cost will depend on exactly the work required, depending on specific details of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mono25

well to be honest i dont think there is much details at all.

she offered x, i am accepting that and will give up any ties or interest in the house. To me that seems fairly simple but im sure to be legal it isn't. the only thing I can think of is that I sign over the deeds fully to her.

hard to believe you need a solicitor for that, any idea of a ball park figure or what details im probably missing

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think you absolutely need a two solicitors for the transaction, but you do need to get independent legal advice. This is to protect both parties in case there is a challenge down the road.

Advertisement