Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study tips to motivate!!

Options
  • 18-01-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey I'm in 5th year and have friends doing both the leaving and junior cert!! I know I'm only 16 but feeling lots of pressure lately to get on top of my studies but I'm finding it hard to get motivated and honestly dont know where to start.
    Me and evryone like me has heard all the usual study tips ...take breaks, make notes and buzz words..blah de blah but I need some new exciting ideas to study. I've also read here about people getting up early to study, I was woundering how people have done that and if they found it useful.

So exciting study tips for us poor people and some good motivation tips pleaseee...calling all future inventors and innovators!! We need help and it will be much appreciated:)

x0x0

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,750 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved from Philosophy with redirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

Have a genuine interest in learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You're only in 5th year so I wouldn't go overboard with studying TBH. Do your homework and revise the work that you've done in class(I wish I did this, wouldn't be so screwed ATM) understand it, and just keep going over what you've done, just make up some homework for yourself. Only way to really get yourself going is to take a serious look at things and think. Find a course you want to do, and write it on a piece of paper in front of your desk, with where you want to go, with a piece stating the points. Its pushing me to work at the moment, with that said, I only started tonight. Don't overload yourself, just do your HW, and go over everything that you've done.
    Honestly flashcards are excellent as well. In Economics we write the definitions on flashcards, they're quick to go through and easy to carry around so I can always have them in my bag.

Advertisement