Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97 on TCDwifi???

Options
  • 18-01-2010 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I just got an N97 over christmas and am wondering is it possible to connect it to the college wireless? I understand iPhones can be connected so i imagine the N97 can be too. Does anyone know how? Theres a couple of previous threads on this but no definite answers that i can see. I imagine its a combination of knowing the right settings and mac spoofing.... thanks to anyone who can help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Spoof your N97s MAC onto a computer, register that computer and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

On a related note: what do people make of the IS Services survey that's doing the rounds? It's about mobile phone usage. Interestingly, they directly ask users if they access TCDwifi with their mobile phone and have some other related questions along those lines.

I doubt the more paranoid of us would want to admit to breaking the network terms of use in an ISS survey;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Meh. For a while, there was no need to even spoof MAC addresses, because ISS didn't require you to authenticate with the proxies.

Advertisement