Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stig has been spotted on Google StreetView....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Yoshifan007ire

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Some say google use the Stig to search the internet. All we know is.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

HAH, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Stig at Loch Ness.

Stigness.jpg

Linky to Google street view

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

From FinalGear.com:
    Some say he’s the Loch Ness monster, all I know is he’s called the Stig.

UPDATE: Google has blurred out the Stig. At first I thought it was because perhaps this was viral marketing and Google didn’t want to promote Top Gear, but then I noticed that the photo car pulled over just before the Stig. The Stig was already standing there pre-pullover, but perhaps the driver was still in on it? Hard to know for sure.
    What do you think Google conspiracy, or just Top Gear non-association?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

how did anyone find the stig there in the 1st place, someone has way too much time on their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What do you think Google conspiracy, or just Top Gear non-association?
    They seem to blur out anyone which gets a lot of attention - there was a Google employee who used a drive-by to propose to his wife and they blurred out his face, but not those of his co-workers standing beside him. Perhaps it's to stop people from clicking links to it and adding load on the map servers?

I imagine though that someone in Top Gear gets inside info from Google about where the cars are going to be when they do these stunts and then TG release the locations themselves through email and forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thats gas how some one spotted that and even more funnier that is one of the offices belonging to bbc. Its on the a40 going into london....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

:D Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Classic

Advertisement