Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any '01 - '04 Impreza WRX owners out there? Need advice

Options
  • 18-01-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Been lookin into buying a new car this weekend , considering an '01 Audi TT, I test drove one recently but found it to be pretty cramped as far as luggage and rear seats; I know it sounds silly mentioning these things in a coupe but I used to own a celica which had much more space and boot capacity in it ( could easily fit child seat and carry pram in the trunk)

My heart is set out on getting an Impreza, I hate the bugeye look so was considering an '03, all the reviews speak highly of them but mention high maintinence costs, if anybody owns one out there, what are your experiences of ownership costs? Typical service, spares like break pads, do they break down alot etc..? any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Try here, www.isdc.com

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

Hi

What type of Mileage would you be doing, I had a 01 wrx and down over 40000 miles in it in about 18months, Maintenance was hig as I was doing so much mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If ya can live with the lack of space,the TT is a great option. Upkeep is really no more than any of the equivalent engined audis. They are also fairly bulletproof in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

I bought a new WRX in 01 and kept it for 2 years doing about 50k miles. They're great cars to drive and really reliable.

I never found servicing expensive, I bought and serviced it Eamon Ryan's in Littleton, near Thurles and I couldn't recommend them highly enough, really good people. I haven't been down there in years so I don't know if they're still there?

It only cost around €60 for a fluid service every 6000 miles. I got about 280-300 miles out of a tank of petrol.

I put a hayward and scott exhaust on it, removing 2 of the 3 cats in the process, which gave a significant boost in power, but the best thing was the noise. I miss that sound lol I used to get a friend drive it up and down the road in front of my house, just so I could listen to it! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moe7

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback, I'm doing very little mileage, just to work and back and was considering an 03 WRX, with the prodirve performance pack, are these cars really loud, again not to sound like a granny but i'm really after performance as opposed to fast and the furious styling and sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Moe7 wrote: »
    Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback, I'm doing very little mileage, just to work and back and was considering an 03 WRX, with the prodirve performance pack, are these cars really loud, again not to sound like a granny but i'm really after performance as opposed to fast and the furious styling and sound
    Yes they're loud but they really sound beautiful, it's not like someone sticking a sports exhaust on 1.3l civic, there meant to sound like that, it's the boxer engine. Ticking over there's a nice hum but put the shoe down and you'll know it's an Impreza :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Go with the Subaru, then again i'm biased ;).
    Check out www.isdc.ie very helpful lads on there any thing
    about Subaru and they'll know. Can't beat that boxer rumble!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I had an '01 WRX with the PPP (inc. exhaust)...I didn't find it loud, it's a lovely noise! € for € the best all rounder I ever had (performance, running costs, practicality/comfort). I only changed it as I changed jobs and needed something with a slightly different image, but two years on keep looking at them thinking, should I?

Impreza.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I had a bug eyes wrx sti back in the day. It was chiped and had a de-cat pipe (314bhp on rolling road)
    One of the best cars i have ever had
    Servicing wasnt mad money (it is a high performance car afterall)
    I do remember the cost of brakes gave me a slight shock (they are Brembo's)
    Id love another.....ohhhhhh that noise
    You will find yourself looking for tunnels and driving with the window down alot as i did.
    Never used the stereo much in that car:D

Advertisement