Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick CAO Question

Options
  • 18-01-2010 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi just wondering i am applying as a mature student have already previously completed a degree a no. of years ago , with regards to results section in CAO is it necessary to provide subjects and results for those 4 yrs or is it sufficient just to supply the final yr results / copy of degree ?.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

I would also like to know as I am sending my academic transcript and amn't sure do I need to fill this section in too or simply refer them to my posted documents. If you have completed a degree you haveto provide a copy of your academic transcript as far as I know.

examples here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/transcripts/index.html

You send this along with the rest of your supplementary information that you send (CV, personal statment, references etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

HANK SCORPIO- In your reply to OP's question you said this at the end ;

You send this along with the rest of your supplementary information that you send (CV, personal statment, references etc).

I am wondering about the part in brackets where you said 'personal statement' ? well what do you mean there?? I thought your personal statement was the part on the CAO form where you have like 1000 words to describe why you want to do the course etc? Is that wrong then? do you also have to write something else out and send it with your additional documents to the CAO???If so then its the first iv heard of it??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

qwertytlk wrote: »
    HANK SCORPIO- In your reply to OP's question you said this at the end ;

I am wondering about the part in brackets where you said 'personal statement' ? well what do you mean there?? I thought your personal statement was the part on the CAO form where you have like 1000 words to describe why you want to do the course etc? Is that wrong then? do you also have to write something else out and send it with your additional documents to the CAO???If so then its the first iv heard of it??!!

No, you can write you personal statement on the CAO form where it asks. That's fine but from what I've read people prefer to write their personal statement on their own pages and send it with their supplementary info (your references exam result copies etc) as they get more space.

Might need to confirm that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

I would include the Academic Transcript - this is an official document from your previous uni/college, there is usually a fee to get one (about €15). You can put "see attached" in the CAO section or you can put the results in there too, it's better to duplicate info than omit something. (Err on the side of caution.)

Qwertytlk, most people do a longer, more in depth and detailed Personal Statement on paper as the space on the paper application and online is quite small and restrictive. As a Mature Student your Personal Statement is VERY important, it can determine whether or not you even get an interview let alone a place. So give it plenty time and thought and include as much relevant info as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Nelly2 & Hank scorpio;

Thanks, iv since found out that the additional personal statement seems to be the way to go so im in the process of doing that now but im not too worried about it as i already filled the 1000 charachters on the Cao site, and have a good bit of prep work done for my trinity application so i basically already have the gist of what im gona say.

Thanks for letting me know though! God if it werent for this site i dont think my application would have been given a second glance as iv learned so much more about what i need to include etc... i would have just completed the CAO as per the lousy instructions they provide! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 posidean

Thanks for the info , just wondering any other mature students out there applying for vet nursing in ucd , how important is letter of ref from vet surgeon have ok leaving cert and previous degree that would have some relevance... thanks

Advertisement