Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly fishing the Lee...worth doing?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm a visiting American student at UCC and a semi-experienced trout fly fisherman. I am aware that fishing is permitted on the River Lee, and some sections near the UCC campus look like they might be good water. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether or not there's in fact decent fishing to be had there, and if so, how and when to get 'em on the fly? :)

Thank you, and as always...Tight Lines!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

I'm also a US transplant that studied at UCC a few years back - the stretch of the Lee to the left side of the Esso on the Western road is stuffed with little brownies but access is a problem - you need to get on the bank opposite the petrol station to have decent casting room and even then it will be roll casting for the most part. I never saw anything big in there but there are more than enough fish to have a little fun with. Try olive or black Klinkhamers in size 16-18.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I've sent you a Private Message

Advertisement