Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question - Electric Windows

Options
  • 18-01-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hello, can any of you knowledgable people tell me whether my electric windows actually need to be working to pass the NCT?

Both passenger and driver side regulators are knackered and my NCT is due soon...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

DMBandit wrote: »
    Hello, can any of you knowledgable people tell me whether my electric windows actually need to be working to pass the NCT?

Both passenger and driver side regulators are knackered and my NCT is due soon...

Thanks

yes the driver side window has to be working because i went to get my car nct'd last year and he failed me and said i would have to get it fixed and come back again. he said the passenger window was not nesessary but the drivers window is.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DMBandit

Ok, thanks zenno

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Passed my NCT in Nov with a dodgy passenger window, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Dades wrote: »
    Passed my NCT in Nov with a dodgy passenger window, btw.

Passenger and back seat windows are not checked, they only check the driver's window.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DMBandit

Ok, i'd better get my driver side window sorted then! Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Drivers side is the only one required in the event of your signal lights being gone and you having to signal to indicate etc etc i believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,397 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

is it a Megane :D

Advertisement