Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House / Apartment swap idea

Options
  • 18-01-2010 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi All,

I don't know if people are doing this yet but is there any interest in swapping homes mid-week?

Our scenario : We live on the north-side of Dublin and work out in the south-side and the journey is up to 2 hours (one way) by car some days.

Would people working on the north-side living on the south-side be interested in doing a apartment swap during the week and weekends you get your home back?

Thanks
    Nelson

House Swapping 6 votes

Good Idea
    0% 0 votes
    Bad Idea
    16% 1 vote
    I don't think will work out
    66% 4 votes
    Not comfortable with people staying in my home
    16% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 djnelson

Please leave comments as well as I think this could be an interesting discussion :D Also would like to find anyone that's interested.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Wonder how many court cases this would cause?

Far too many unknowns utility bills, cleaning before you go, one party on holidays, sharing same beds alot of changing sheets, personal items - do you hide them?, embarressing items how do you hide them well enough?. Someone wants mega fast bb thats expensive all week do you have to have it in your home? Same for sports and movies packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Wonder how many court cases this would cause?

Far too many unknowns utility bills, cleaning before you go, one party on holidays, sharing same beds alot of changing sheets, personal items - do you hide them?, embarressing items how do you hide them well enough?. Someone wants mega fast bb thats expensive all week do you have to have it in your home? Same for sports and movies packages.
    I think you've raised some real stumbling blocks for this idea. Splitting utility bills could be a minefield. You only have to look at all the threads here where it becomes an issue in regular shared accommodation. I also wonder what the implications of the idea would be for liability and contents insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Nice idea in theory and looks well in the movies but I can't see how it would work in real life.
    If I was to go for it I'd want to move every item I owned out of my room/house!! Alot of hassle.

As for the bills, they would be using all your electricity etc while you would be using theirs. So they should even out.
    I'd end up hiding the phone though so they couldn't make loads of calls!! :p

Advertisement