Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

97 ford fiesta heater ventilation suddenly not working?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi on saturday the heating ventilation on my fiesta was working fine and then when i got back into the car to drive home there was no joy from it at all.
    Its not blowing any air whatsoever and does not respond to the switch. i have changed the fuses,checked filters and to see if a wire came lose but cant locate the problem. A friend suggested going to a scrapyard and trying to find a new switch for the air conditioning/heater so before i try that seeing as it will be a bit of a pain in the hole to unscrew one from an old fiesta then unscrew my current switch then insert the old one just to find theres something else that needs to be done. So any ideas what else could be wrong?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭mikewest

My best guess is that it is the resistors on the switch that have gone. Get one (complete switch) from a breaker but only buy a guaranteed one as they give a lot of trouble. Not a big job to change them.

Advertisement