Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Shower Repair in Limerick

Options
  • 18-01-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭

Possibly the most boring thread ever but here goes...

Our Triton shower has gone on the blink. There's a number on the shower unit itself to ring for repair/maintenance but it's based in Maynooth (?) and has been ringing out all morning.

Would welcome any recommendations of any local guys/gals who could do the job. cheers cm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Possibly the most boring thread ever but here goes...

Our Triton shower has gone on the blink. There's a number on the shower unit itself to ring for repair/maintenance but it's based in Maynooth (?) and has been ringing out all morning.

Would welcome any recommendations of any local guys/gals who could do the job. cheers cm

You could prehaps trying ringing A&R Supplies (down by Griffins funeral home, St. Johns Square), they do a lot of showers, and helped get a part for my Shires one that went on the blink. i think they've a website.
    Hope that helps somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Figerty

HI There,

My Triton went on the blink last week after the thaw. I turned of the water supply and mains electricity. Took off the front cover and took the cover of the filter. It was block with dirt that had come down when the water tank went low. Cleaned it out, pop it back, turned on the mains and away it went grand again.

My brother had a similar problem a year ago, his show went on the blink. it turned out to be a small blow back valve that went. When he rang the triton warranty dealers they wanted a call out charge. They pointed out that it was just out warranty according to the manufacturing date. He pointed out that the unit was probably sitting in the shop for over 6 months so it was the installation date that was more important..

The finally agreed and did the repairs under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The problem with my shower is it won't even turn on at the moment. It's in the en-suite and the power light doesn't come on when we switch on the outside switch on the wall.

We had an electrician in a couple of months ago doing other jobs and asked him to have a look at it (there seemed to be a problem with the temperature at the time..nothing major) but he refused to go near it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Figerty

It could simply be a faulty switch in the unit it self.

I assume the power supply to the unit is ok. If the power doesn't come on from the kill switch..(usually a pull cord) then the problem is probably in the supply of power to the shower and not the shower itself.

Did a google on Triton. is this the number you were trying to contact?

Address

Triton Showers

Earthridge International
    Dowdstown
    Maynooth
    County Kildare

Tel: (01) 628 6845 or (01) 628 6711
    Email: sales@earthridge.ie
    Homepage: http://www.tritonshowers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yep...that's the number alright. Might try them again in a while

would you reckon an electrician might have a look at it so? Or does it need to be some sort of electro-plumber shower expert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

contact one of the shops that sell it, ask them to fax in a customer service request to triton for you, and they'll contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Not much use to you if you can't get through to them , but I have used the crowd in Maynooth about a year ago , phoned them , they said they would have a guy out to me the following morning early , got a call from him at about 9:15 , said he was 15 minutes out and would be with me shortly ... he arrived , fixed the shower and was gone in about 30 minutes ... great service .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Cartman78 wrote: »
    The problem with my shower is it won't even turn on at the moment. It's in the en-suite and the power light doesn't come on when we switch on the outside switch on the wall.

+1 that it is most likely the switch. I would replace the switch before worrying about the shower.

If its an old shower might be better to replace then repair. If its like for like model its a handy DIY replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gerry5

hi cartman
    i can have a look at shower no prob give me a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Do you have another shower with a cut off switch as well?

Sometimes they are wired so that if one is left on then the other switch
    wont work its to prevent overloads.

If you have another pull switch for another shower try turning that one off
    and see if the light comes on for the one that you cant get to work.

Hope that helps.
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement