Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggest best xbox game for 6 years old

Options
  • 17-01-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Folks,
    Can you suggest some good games for 6 years old kid. He likes cars very much.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

GTAIV

nah just kidding.

dunno, pure? forza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

PGR4 would be much simpler in terms of just jump in and drive as opposed to forza imo. and you can pick it up for peanuts these days.

I know, I know i always suggest no matter what but rock band / guitar hero are cool if the kid is anyway musically inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lego batman is great for kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dreamers75 wrote: »
    lego batman is great for kids.

and big kids :o

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

My 8 year old loves banjo kazooie nuts and bolts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You'd let your six year old play video games? Sorry to sound so out of touch and I'm only a young'un myself but shouldn't a six year old be out making real friends, playing with miniature cars and having all kinds of imaginary action-filled adventures with other kids their own age?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You'd let your six year old play video games? Sorry to sound so out of touch and I'm only a young'un myself but shouldn't a six year old be out making real friends, playing with miniature cars and having all kinds of imaginary action-filled adventures with other kids their own age?

FFS that's a load of horseshít, I had a NES at that age

Jev/N wrote: »
    FFS that's a load of horseshít, I had a NES at that age

Congratulations to you. Donkey Kong, Mario, Centipede, Pong, Prince Valiant etc just aren't in the same league as 99% of modern console games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

And are you saying it's not possible to balance a social life with gaming? My 10 year old brother did it quite well (Course that might be cause I hogged the xbox, but whatever :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Burnout Paradise ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Yeah,well said mate!lol! I've been playing games since I was four and my now my only friends are the ducks at the local pond!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭leom

What would you do, if your kids can not go out in sh**y weather? 10 years aog time was different, we are living in cyber world with cyber emotion.. We make friends on facebook only... what do you think

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

If there is someone else in the house who owns the xbox i would have no problem with it. A 6 year old shouldn't have an xbox of their own. The lego games are great fun for any age and the co-op makes it great with friends. racing games try pure very arcadey atv racing. Both can be got in a double pack with a control cheap sometimes (40 euro if you look around)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

LEGO BATMAN LEGO BATMAN LEGO BATMAN

and also Cloudy with a chance of meatballs is a brilliant game, My girlfriends 5 year old brother loves it but not as much as me

The OP didnt ask about parenting advice he asked for advice on a good game for Christsake. Too many times people but in with their gimpy opinions and dont offer any advice on the ACTUAL question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

+ 1 for Pure and Burnout Paradise.
    Burnout might be better suited, as you can just drive around an open city without worrying about the difficulty.

bungler wrote: »
    The OP didnt ask about parenting advice he asked for advice on a good game for Christsake. Too many times people but in with their gimpy opinions and dont offer any advice on the ACTUAL question

A bit of the pot calling the kettle black there - where's your contribution?

Also, to actually add something to the thread that's not my "gimpy opinion", there are plenty of games on the xbox live arcade that are appropriate for Children, Boom Boom Rocket, Castle Crashers, Marble Blast Ultra etc etc

A bit of the pot calling the kettle black there - where's your contribution?

Also, to actually add something to the thread that's not my "gimpy opinion", there are plenty of games on the xbox live arcade that are appropriate for Children, Boom Boom Rocket, Castle Crashers, Marble Blast Ultra etc etc

If you look back 3 or 4 posts you will see my contribution saying that Lego Batman or Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, i think thats a good contribution for a 6 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

If the little dude loves cars then get him cars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any of the Lego games (Lego Batman in particular is a standout one... that you can play with him too ;)). Also, as previously mentioned, if he's a 6 year old boy, Burnout Paradise will be awesome, cars that go blisteringly fast, and smash spectacularly. Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts should be enjoyable too, but you may have to help him with it, when it comes to the construction part, but he should be able to pick that up reasonably quickly too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

Why shouldnt 6 year olds have xboxs i know lots of relations kids and friends kids who have xbox playstation and have alot of friends outside of the house.
    Another thing i started with atari way back in the day and im still a big gamer and i never had any bother making friends or having a kids life so i find the comment about kids shouldnt have xboxs just opinion and this is the wrong place for that type of opinion and if you didnt like the post you shouldnt have came on to it and posted anything.

Now on to games. I like any of the Lego game myself and my kids to play around to ( they are 2 and 4) but i find Zuma to be a great game my 4 year old loves it and alot of the arcade games are great for kids and also with the arcade you can show the games you played as a kid like sonic

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...and alot of the arcade games are great for kids and also with the arcade you can show the games you played as a kid like sonic

Along those lines, both Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Twooie are available in the Arcade

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The Lego series are great esp. for kids and adults too. Lego Batman, then Lego Star Wars (Complete Saga) I'd recommend.

Hard to think of games for a 6 year old....A Wii (and a tight strap!) would probably be more suitable (Mario, WarioWare and all those Wiimote games)...Too young for Rock Band? (Band Hero or Lego Rock Band might be a better fit)

This might sound stupid but i find kids get more enjoyment out of games they dont understand then games they do understand.
    I find my kid loves to sit down and watch streefighter she even picks up my old joystick and thinks shes playing to(Chun li is her fav) but i dont find anything wrong with that cause its harmless to me. Now i wouldnt put a kid in front of something like gta or anything to bad some games are grand.

I forgot about Banjo Kazooie thats a great game. Kung fu Panda is good to. I would say te wii would be a better console but if you do some looking around there a kid friendly games out there to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

In the vein of cars, Cars Race O Rama and MAdagascar Karts are two recent releases that are quite popular at the moment.

Why shouldnt 6 year olds have xboxs i know lots of relations kids and friends kids who have xbox playstation and have alot of friends outside of the house.
    Another thing i started with atari way back in the day and im still a big gamer and i never had any bother making friends or having a kids life so i find the comment about kids shouldnt have xboxs just opinion and this is the wrong place for that type of opinion and if you didnt like the post you shouldnt have came on to it and posted anything.

I wasn't aware boards was a Q&A forum and not a discussion forum, thanks though. Of course it was my opinion, I didn't quote any factual evidence or recent studies or give any other basis for my stance. However, when I was six and seven I knew a guy who played video games rather that going out and playing with other kids his own age (including me), he just loved video games. This guy later grew up and regretted his decision to spend hours in there playing instead of outside with the rest of us, and I mean really regretted it. He isn't a social pariah, he has plenty of friends, but he also considers it a bit of a wasted youth, especially as a young child.

I never suggested folks who don't agree with my opinion would become loners or have no friends, if you picked it up it's entirely not what I was getting at. Being a child is the only time you can get away with lots of things, exploring the world, playing with toys and other stupid games - I just think an effort should be made to ensure kids have those opportunities rather than just plonking them down to stare at a TV all day playing video games, they have the rest of their lives for that.

And while this may not be the place for it, this is where it came to me and this is where I posted. Eventually I did contribute to the question being asked and I've been conveniently overlooked by the OP - how nice :)

Fair enough thats your opinion and i have my opinion im sorry for taking it up wrong but i know lots of people who say video games are bad for young kids. now im not saying that a kid should sit down in front of a tv for hours on end i wouldnt do it to my kids so i woldnt say do it to another kid . But video games are becoming part of life for kids now and its becoming a way for kids to make friends and be able to interact with kids so i dont see the harm in kids and games. But i have seen people who grow up with video games and thats their lives and i mean all their LIVES its scary.So i can see where your coming from 100% .But this isnt the place for this chat so ill stop now

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

forza 3 need for speed and burnout are all good racing games that a 6 year old will enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭leom

I wasn't aware boards was a Q&A forum and not a discussion forum, thanks though. Of course it was my opinion, I didn't quote any factual evidence or recent studies or give any other basis for my stance. However, when I was six and seven I knew a guy who played video games rather that going out and playing with other kids his own age (including me), he just loved video games. This guy later grew up and regretted his decision to spend hours in there playing instead of outside with the rest of us, and I mean really regretted it. He isn't a social pariah, he has plenty of friends, but he also considers it a bit of a wasted youth, especially as a young child.

I never suggested folks who don't agree with my opinion would become loners or have no friends, if you picked it up it's entirely not what I was getting at. Being a child is the only time you can get away with lots of things, exploring the world, playing with toys and other stupid games - I just think an effort should be made to ensure kids have those opportunities rather than just plonking them down to stare at a TV all day playing video games, they have the rest of their lives for that.

And while this may not be the place for it, this is where it came to me and this is where I posted. Eventually I did contribute to the question being asked and I've been conveniently overlooked by the OP - how nice :)

Hi There,
    Thanks for comment and opinion. This is free world, and every body has right to say what ever they think is right. Its my opinion that time has changed now... may be even a decade ago it was different story. As I said we are living in cyber world now - If i would not let me kid play video games, he would feel deprived, since most of his friends in school would be playing games on consoles. Anyway, I appreciate your concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Modern Warfare 2

The plot in that game is as far fetched as any kids movie I've ever seen.

But on a serious note, you won't go wrong with the Lego games.

Star Wars, Indy, Batman.

My young lad loves them, he's 10 now but has been playing them since the first Lego Star Wars came out a few years ago on PS2.

And the beauty of them is that you can jump in and play along with him at any time. Don't know if you're a gamer yourself but they're really a lot of fun.

As regards car games go for something reasonably simple like the PGR games or the earlier Burnout (the full name escapes me) you'll get them dirt cheap now on ebay and while Forza may have outstanding graphics, it doesn't mean as much to a 6 year old who just loves fast cars.

Advertisement