Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tractor trouble

Options
  • 17-01-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

can anybody help me....renault ares 696 rz with 5500 hrs from new..wen i drive the tractor from 37k up to full speed a knocking sound starts to cum from the front of tractor but i cant seem to find source of the noise,has anyone else came across anything like this??????thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

It's not the right hand mirror bracket banging off the exhaust by any chance? If your mirror is adjusted in a certain position, the movement in the cab suspension can cause knocking here.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

i wish it was that problem but unfortunatly not......have u experience of these tractors,gud or bad experiences???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

I have a small bit of experience all bloody bad unfortunately, lovely tractor but the on i drove gave horrendus back end trouble, ive heard of a bearing coming out of position in the front axle and doing a bit of banging at full speed but out from that sorry i cant be of more help

that sounds a bit more like what im hearing at the minute,sounds to b getting worse but cld b that im getting parenoid about it now......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

We've a 620 but (touch wood) nothing serious has ever gone in it. Very happy with it, in fact.

• Advertisement

so far weve had very little trouble thank god,small bit of trouble with the brakes but think that was down to the trailer brakes,since we changed trailer they have been fine,we had a 630 before this and it was perfect,couldn fault it......

Advertisement