Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS/R4

Options
  • 17-01-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Im trying to use an R4 card in my daughters DS, i have a 4GB sandisc, I've put moonmemo, moonshl2, R4iMenu, DsMenu.Dat, R4Dat, Ds_mshl.Nds onto the card.
    I also made a new folder for games.
    When I put it into the DS black screen with "Loading" comes up but thats it. Nothing.
    Any help appreciated Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Do you have a DS or a DSi? It looks like you put the R4i firmware on the SD card but if your DS is the old DS then it might not be compatible. Or the R4 firmware doesn't exactly match the R4 card that you have (there are MANY R4 clones out there, each with their own firmware).

Otherwise, try putting the games in the same place as the other files (don't put them in another folder)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplepug

I have the Ds lights for the girls. i have the same one myself and i have the R4 card with games on for my one. It also works when I put it in my girls consoles. I even copied the data and put it on their cards but nada.. and even when I took my sd card out, put it into their R4 card and put it in a console THAT doesnt work either... will try taking the games out of folder now..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Does their SD cards work in your R4? Localise the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplepug

one of them is working now.. i formatted and tried again..
    and the other sd card will work in my R4 card, but not in the girls R4 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

can u post a link of the card you bought sounds like the wrong firmware

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Bluloa

You could have a R4 fake clone card.

There are various different kinds of r4 cards on the market and it is rare to find any genuine ones as the R4 company are no longer.

It could be that you have the wrong r4 software. Just try finding alternative r4 software. Does your card say r4 ultra?

If it does then go to the website that is on the chip to download the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 overide13

have you tried using a MicroSd card of a smaller size? Non SDHC as the older R4 s were not compatible with cards larger than 2Gb

1) Try smaller microsd
    2) format with panasonic formater
    3) load firmware
    4) hope it works

Email me\PM me a pic of the card and i will locate the correct firmware if that is the problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

hopefully it's just a case of you're not sure which R4 you have, here's a link to the most comprehensive R4 I've found

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

you have to put the files on in a certain order that will be in the readme that came with the firmware. also check that you are not using a hc sd card.the whole putting things on in order sounds daft but thats the way it has to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

overide13 wrote: »
    Non SDHC as the older R4 s were not compatible with cards larger than 2Gb
    Thats what I thought too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 overide13

I currently have an AK2i for sale if you are still looking for one just PM me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Yeah, this was always a problem with users of the R4

Only up to (and including) 2GB is allowed
    microSDHC will not work!

I learned this the hard way -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Maybe, as BluLoa said, you have a clone card. When I got my r4, I couldn't understand why it wasn't working. I spent ages trying to get it working with software off the official r4 website. Then I looked at the box it came in again and noticed it had a website printed on it which was different from the one I was trying to use. A quick visit to this website and a quick download and extract and my card was up and working.

Advertisement