Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does the theory test cd work on win7

Options
  • 17-01-2010 8:45pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So as the topic says I have the second edition an it does nnot work on windows 7 64bit, the 4th edition came out in about march09 before win7. Any know?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Being honest i have no idea, have you tried running it in compatibility mode with xp sp3 selected?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I haven't gotthe newest edition yet only the 2nd. Is this mode you're talking about some type of new function in win7? Like it's possible to emulate it to make it like winxp for certian program or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

3rd edition working in 32-bit 7 here :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Lenny wrote: »
    I haven't gotthe newest edition yet only the 2nd. Is this mode you're talking about some type of new function in win7? Like it's possible to emulate it to make it like winxp for certian program or something?

If you right click on the .exe and click on properties there will be a tab titled "compatibility". Within that tab there's a drop down list of operating systems. Try selecting xp sp3.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hmm ok I'll check it out alright, its not my laptop and I don't sue win7 myself.
    afaik I think the program has to be installed so I'll click the installer.exe
    jesus I have vista and I'd call myself up on windows and that, but feckin hell I don't think I even noticed it on vista either!
    embarrising

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

When it's installed, if it puts a shortcut on the desktop or the start menu then you can do the compatability mode by right-clicking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Works grand for me.

That's weird, I'm gettig some error when I load up the auotplay, an it's a fresh install of Win7 is your version defo 64bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

The disc doesn't support 64bit :(

Advertisement