Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best oem Xenon Bulbs

Options
  • 17-01-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

i have a problem that one of the bulbs on my car is fading so i need to get new bulbs its a Bmw E46 factory fitted Xenon unit not HID can anyone recommend good bulbs they are the D2-s type

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

davy_b wrote: »
    i have a problem that one of the bulbs on my car is fading so i need to get new bulbs its a Bmw E46 factory fitted Xenon unit not HID can anyone recommend good bulbs they are the D2-s type

HID = Xenon, so you can buy bulbs that disply xenon or HID as there the same thing FYI.

what are you looking for in the new bulb as such? do you want a different colour to OEM? do you want a different brand ie. Philips?

if your happy with the OEM colour temp, then i would stick with OEM tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

I want new ones because the old ones are starting to die , don't care about colour just want the best possible vision at night , was thinking philips alright what's the best kelvin rating for vision , 4300k or 6000k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

4300K by far

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

davy_b wrote: »
    I want new ones because the old ones are starting to die , don't care about colour just want the best possible vision at night , was thinking philips alright what's the best kelvin rating for vision , 4300k or 6000k

i prefer 6000k but others prefer 4300k (OEM colour), have a look around at the different ones to see what one you like yourself.

i personally dont think theres any difference between 4300 and 6000 in reality, i changed the 4300 in my old E53 to 6000 and the difference in light output was questionable, only difference was the 6000k was a little whiter.

Edit - these sell replacement bulbs for BMW - http://www.khoalty.com/Hids.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement