Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Merc CGI Engines

Options
  • 17-01-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

I was less than impressed by the Stats on this.

E250 CGI Coupe

5 speed auto
    0-100 in 7.4 secs
    204 BHP
    1.8 petrol
    Band E

E250 CDI Coupe

5 speed auto
    0-100 in 7.4 secs
    204 BHP
    2.2 diesel
    Band C (just about)

The 2.0 TFSI in the main rival (the A5) manages Band D in petrol auto, half a second faster to 100 and 7 more horses.

The 2.7 TDI is less impressive, with 14 less horses than the CDI and taking an extra 1/5 of a second to get to 100 and sticking just at the top of band D.

So...VAGs engineers seem better at petrol, while those over at Merc seem to be managing quite well with diesel.

Why bother with the CGI Merc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ninty9er wrote: »
    Why bother with the CGI Merc??
    America I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

But putting it on the market here at €8k more than a more efficient diesel and €9k more than the competition hardly makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I doubt they actually have any.

Advertisement