Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blinding pain?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Iv read about this now only a few times, but has anyone had a tattoo or piercing (Im betting more on the tattoo choice) done where they have experienced literal blinding pain? As in, you lose your ability to see because the spot you are having work done on is so painful?

I know when I was getting my first tattoo done, I had a rush of blood to the head.. I went from laying down to pretty much bolt upright.. pretty sure the dude nicked my hip bone with the needle, thats the closest I came to not losing my vision.

So anyone else? also it would be interesting to know which you would consider to be more painful, having work done on a fatty part of your body? or boney? eg. top of the calf compared to the shin bone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

I find the boney parts to be worse. Never blinding pain though. When I was getting my shin done every so often it felt like the needle was hitting a nerve and my leg would just jolt! Had to wedge it in between the back and seat of a chair to stop it moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I got this exact sensation while having my sternum tattooed. ****ing ouch.

I think having a boney part and a fatty part tattooed produce a different sort of pain. For me anyway boney parts are a deeper more penetrating pain that's easier to cope with because it sort of flows through you, whereas tattooing on a fatty part is this really irritating stingy pain that just makes you want to swear and cry and lash out at people. So despite the boney bits being more painful I personally prefer them because the pain is easier to control by just breathing it in and out and grounding yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

I got a taat on the back of my head and i was getting blurred vision when it was getting done!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I seem to recall something like that when i was getting my back done. Absolute agony it was.
    I started off my bio-mech leg piece last week and found the back of the calf to be worse than my shin bone. Found that a bit strange cause i fell asleep when i was getting the back of my other calf done a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I think having a boney part and a fatty part tattooed produce a different sort of pain. For me anyway boney parts are a deeper more penetrating pain that's easier to cope with because it sort of flows through you, whereas tattooing on a fatty part is this really irritating stingy pain that just makes you want to swear and cry and lash out at people. So despite the boney bits being more painful I personally prefer them because the pain is easier to control by just breathing it in and out and grounding yourself.

Thats a fairly good description of it actually.

Nothing quite like what the OP described here but around by my nipple was the worst pain I had experienced so far. Stung like a f*cker.

Along my collar bone was pretty bad too, not because of the pain but because it was hitting some nerve there that was causing my right leg to flail around the place of its own accord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Worst pain for me was the fleshy part on the inside of the elbow, by far sorest place i have had tattooed. Had the outline done, coloured purple, bit of orrange and yellow then over the purple and then pink done in any gaps. Was only time i have had to tell tattoo artist to stop as i couldnt take the pain anymore!

Have had my chest, ribs, back, foot, and outside of elbow done and found these all much easier! part of me thinks though it was jus the amount of tattooing done on that one piece of skin that made it that sore though, and it was the end of a six hour sitting. Was completely wiped after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Some good answers guys thanks.

as for this:
    gavkm27 wrote: »
    I got a taat on the back of my head and i was getting blurred vision when it was getting done!

Thats vicious, but would the blurred vision not be down to the fact that the needle would have been sooo close to your eyes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

^ ^ ^ Your primary and secondary visual centres are at the back of your brain... but I imagine the vibrations would be the main cause. Just a theory. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Getting my scaffold done was about the closest I've come to blinding pain. I think I nearly passed out, and went completely pale.

Advertisement