Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water.

Options
  • 17-01-2010 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Does College have any? Will we be in College tomorrow if there is a shortage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

My apartment had running water...though the hot water tap seems to have low water pressure (you hear clunking and water comes out in sprays rather than a continuous flow...coppery sediments in it too :/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

As a resident who's also been working here I've seen no unusual problems with water pressure on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Well I've been in college the last 2 weeks and there's been no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Halls is grand as well. The water pressure's reduced is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The water fountains in the Hamilton are working better than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

was worried about showers in the sports centre when i went this week but no restrictions were in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jock Strap

Dear all,

As we are all aware following the severe cold weather the local authorities and many organisations have encountered major water leaks in the water distribution systems. This has created huge demands on the supply of treated water to areas of the city and county. Many areas have experienced either reduced water pressure or complete temporary loss of water supply.

Within College we use a large amount of water and must during this period make an additional effort to reduce our water consumption. By doing so we will assist the local authorities in managing the current situation and also reduce the impact of periods when we in College are receiving a reduced water supply. The following water saving tips should be considered by all,

· Do not leave taps running
    · Only flush toilets when necessary
    · Do not run taps to get cold water – store some water in a fridge
    · In laboratories reduce water consumption for vacuum pumps and water cooled condensers
    · Ensure all water supplies are turned off when experimental work is complete
    · Only run dish washer, glass washers and autoclaves when full
    · Consider can any experimental work consuming water be stopped during the current water crisis
    · In residences take shorter showers and do not leave taps running when brushing teeth
    · Do not wash any kitchen dishware under running taps

If you become aware of any water leaks or dripping taps within College please report the details including exact location to repairs@tcd.ie. The following link has details of the Dublin City Council web site on water conservation which has helpful information on saving water.

http://www.dublincity.ie/Pages/Homepage.aspx

Regards,

Kieron McGovern
    So is somebody gonna coordinate synchronized toilet-flushing tomorrow or shall I?
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

bythewoods wrote: »
    Halls is grand as well. The water pressure's reduced is all.

I've no hot water but thats a House 87 problem afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hm, that tap in the Hamilton bathrooms which is always on might need looking into...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

I walked through the Hamilton yesterday at about 3pm and there was a man watering the plants... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

there was a mini flood on one side of the girl's bathroom in ham on wednesday.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Hm, that tap in the Hamilton bathrooms which is always on might need looking into...

I turned it off..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,321 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tabouli wrote: »
    I walked through the Hamilton yesterday at about 3pm and there was a man watering the plants... :confused:
    He could easily have been using water from rainwater butts or a well.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

I leave the tap on after I wash my hands because i've just turned it on with a dirty hand, washed it and it kinda defeats the purpose of washing your hands if your going to touch the fookin thing straight after. I also open th toilet door with my elbow and turn on the dryer with my elbow. The amount of people who dont wash there hands is appalling.

Advertisement