Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta immobiliser problem

Options
  • 17-01-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 04 Ford Fiesta and i was out last night in the car everything was fine - i did put some petrol in (definitely not diesel) maybe something wrong with that? i tried to start it this morning and nothing.. not even the sound of it attempting to start, the Immobiliser icon is flashing rapidly when i turn the key, also the clock won't appear.

It had been a little sluggish during the extreme cold mornings but all the same started in one go.

I'm not working at the moment so really worried it's going to cost an awful lot.

Can anyone please advise or help?

Thanks

Chantelle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Is the engine turning over or do you just hear a clicking noise..??
    Whats the battery like...new or old??

Get into the ,car close door ,turn on ignition turn off ignition and open the door..
    then you should here the beeping noise to remind you to remove key..if you here the beeping noise then the engine ecu reconises your key..if not then you have a problem with your Immobiliser/keychip.
    Best of luck with it..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. When i try to start it i literally hear nothing, not even a click.. If the battery was drained i'm sure i would hear something right? plus the lights etc.. all working

Also, when i tried doing what you mentioned nothing happened at all, though i don't recall hearing a beep in the past anyway.

I also noticed, along with icon flashing rapidly, clock remaining blank, the temperature gauge is flashing rapidly too.

Its really strange, no life, not even a click or attempt to start

Chantelle

if you here the beeping noise then the engine ecu reconises your key..if not then you have a problem with your Immobiliser/keychip.
    Best of luck with it..:)

From what you said above, if it is a problem with the key chip/immobiliser, is it costly or easy to fix?

It's strange how car was perfect last night and now today, completely dead.. Can that happen all of a sudden?

I'm waiting for someone to come over and try a jump start just in case.. but then again, it does absolutely nothing, not even chugging or struggling to get going, just silence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

if you have a second key for the car try it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

hmm....It could be the starter...can your measure your battery voltage..??

Maybe check the battery connections for good contact...it may also be bad earth strap from engine to body...:confused:

The fiesta's may not have the key in ignition alarm...:confused:

If you find nothing after those checks i guess its time get it checked out by a mechanic...:confused:

• Advertisement

@ Kasper - I tried my second key already, thanks

@ Row, in regards to the battery i'll wait for other person to arrive to see about the connection.. don't like messing around with something i'm not sure about.

It's just so strange, it was fine last night,i put petrol in also ( definitely not diesel) so that shouldn't have caused anything

I hope that it doesn't cost alot to get it fixed or looked at..

I'm really baffled by it

Thanks for your help though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement