Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's clothes - guys jackets with snorkel hoods ?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Wonder does anyone else remember these lads jackets from the early 1980's - they had a funny hood that was like a snorkle / periscope and had fur style around the side of the hood. They were great for keeping your ears and face warm, but it was a bit hard to see anything to your left or right without turning your head fully around as you could only see out to the front. I was thinking of them in the recent snow.

Everyone seemed to have one in the early/mid 80's.

Anyone else got any favourite items of clothes they remember from back then ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

4144294255_4908d8574f.jpg

The snorkel parka, also came in green. Reefer jackets and surplus german army parkas replaced it as the must have jackets for nearly every teenage boy in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They were standard piece of kit for kids going to school when i was a nipper. My da' has pictures of me and my brother wearing them while messing in the garden in the snow of '82. They were the business in fairness,great for keeping a chill wind off your face. Surprised they haven't made a reappearance seeing as all things 80's are in vogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Best jackets ever.

That said, they're is something wrong about seeing lads wearing too-small second hand ones though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Wish i could get me hands on 1 again !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Usually used by those who don't want to be recognised going into the courthouse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Come on, The Undertones would have been nothing if Fergal Sharkey hadn't worn his on Top Of The Pops.:D

Advertisement