Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how much would a tow within d6 cost

Options
  • 17-01-2010 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

car wouldnt start friday so i called out breakdown assist on my insurance who couldnt start it. They offered to tow but suggested it might just be damp or spark plugs so i decided to try that on sat instead but to no avail now i think i need it towed. How much should it be and would anyone do it on a sunday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

will your breakdown assistance not cover the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I guess in or around €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Pat Keogh would be about 80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 crackola

i assumed since i got a call out already for the same problem that i wouldnt get another? can you pm me that guys number then. Especially if he works sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'd call them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

I feel your pain, my car was fine last night and won't start today.. don't think it's the battery at all, makes no effort to start - just silent and immobiliser icon keeps flashing rapidly, so i'm guessing its that.

I'm sure your best bet would be to call insurance again, these things don't affect your policy, so, it's worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

your insurance emergency cover should cover any number of call outs. Ring them now as they've no excuse not to come get the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 crackola

ok, rang them and they came out again, guy spent about 30 minutes trying to start it to no avail then advised me against towing it as the garages might not take it! they will be back again though so would recommend hibernian aviva for this alone, they had no problem coming out again and booking for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Don't know what make of car you have ,but I had an immobiliser problem with an Audi a while back that sounds similar to your issue. The fix was to turn the key in the ignition to on and leave it there for 15 minutes. worked a treat for me and might be worth a try for you.

Advertisement