Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Reed considering RETIREMENT!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sure the man was gutted last night, I wouldn't take his words too seriously in the aftermath of a playoff game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm sure the man was gutted last night, I wouldn't take his words too seriously in the aftermath of a playoff game.

We all do or say stupid things in the heat of the moment especially when upset about something big. I would agree with EE Reed hadn't had time to calm down and take it all in. Give him a few days I bet he will come around or take it all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

We all do or say stupid things in the heat of the moment especially when upset about something big. I would agree with EE Reed hadn't had time to calm down and take it all in. Give him a few days I bet he will come around or take it all back.
    This.

Your head is never going to work right when you've just been beaten in a Play Off, especially after a game like the Colts. Must've felt drained mentally and said something he definately didn't mean. He ain't going anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

It may not be his decision, he has a neck injury and that is the reason. He plays at an intense level on defence and returns punts, he is always in line for a hit or two. Ray Lewis might have a word to change his mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

It may not be his decision, he has a neck injury and that is the reason. He plays at an intense level on defence and returns punts, he is always in line for a hit or two. Ray Lewis might have a word to change his mind

You will find it is always their decision especially when it comes to Pro players. But looking at what he said it seems to be his own decision based on his own injuries.
    "I've been thinking about it, and it kind of hit me on the sidelines," he said Saturday after a 20-3 playoff loss to the Colts. "It's going to be a long offseason. It hurts. I am just thinking about it.

"I'm 50-50. I am going to re-evaluate things and see how it goes in the next couple of days."

I judging by what he says he is only contemplating it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

At the risk of stating the obvious he's a future HOF even if he decided to walk away today.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

I think so to sea devil.

I know emotions run high for players after big wins and big losses, but he's suffered from 3 seperate and moderatly severe injuries this year alone and I read the piece as a "if I feel healthy I'll keep playing, if I dont I wont"

Hope you's are right though and its just playoff woe kicking in

Advertisement