Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logic ES M synth

Options
  • 17-01-2010 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

I've got Logic Express 9.0.1 but seem to be missing the ES M Monophonic synth for some strange reason? Anyone have any clue why this would be? Trying to find out via Google etc. but no luck and I'm sure it's included in Express as it's covered in help and the manual...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Jev/N wrote: »
    I've got Logic Express 9.0.1 but seem to be missing the ES M Monophonic synth for some strange reason? Anyone have any clue why this would be? Trying to find out via Google etc. but no luck and I'm sure it's included in Express as it's covered in help and the manual...

Have you any old projects from 8? Do they open up with it or is it crossed out?

Heres one from my L8 with a ESM loaded up if you want to try Mate.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8z74no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yep they're all crossed out for some strange reason, I haven't a clue why?

Cheers for the input :)

Yep they're all crossed out for some strange reason, I haven't a clue why?

Cheers for the input :)

Not available so.. Stating the obvious there! :pac:

Was it an upgrade? You will probably have to do a reinstall of Logic.

AFAIK you can do a customised install & just reinstall all the Logic "program" bits. Should be quick enough actually with LE9 as theres none of the Jam Packs or Soundstage.. probably be just the same with LE.

Back up your tunes & settings before you start anything :)

Yeh it seems to be the best idea, thanks for the help and advice - I only have the program a few weeks!

Yeh it seems to be the best idea, thanks for the help and advice - I only have the program a few weeks!

****ing miserable though! Pain reinstalling stuff.

Take it easy Man!

• Advertisement

So I uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck.

Now, the weird thing is as I was posting this problem to the Apple support pages, I had another look around to see if I could find it and opened 'Classic Acid Bass' contained in the bass synths. It's run off ES M and I can actually open it (the synth) from the channel strip??

But I can't access it from inside the Logic Instruments folder in the library tab, neither can I search for it!

Thats fkd up alright..

Have you downloaded the latest update? I think its 9.0.1 so far.

Try looking on http://www.logicprohelp.com/ ?

They have listed quite a few problems with L9 - You'll probably get a good pointer from there.

The Guy that writes all the Logic books is a mod there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

As an interim solution, open up the 'classic acid bass' thing to get the esm up. then reset all the parameters on the synth and remove inserts etc.

then save the channel strip, and you should be a able to open it up like that whenever. you can also save all your own presets as channel strip settings. A pretty simple workaround.

I use it for lots of stuff.

Thanks for all the help! Yep I've installed 9.0.1 but no difference

I'll try that jtsuited, seems like a good solution - really wanna make some nice growling basslines...

Thanks for the link ICN, will also post on that forum, it looks very comprehensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

The first port of call in these type of situations is contact Apple Logic support - that's what they're there for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement