Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butchers in Drogheda???

Options
  • 17-01-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good (and cheap) butchers in Drogheda?

Comments

Don't know about cheap, but for quality would recommend Tuites, Lawrence Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Don't know about cheap, but for quality would recommend Tuites, Lawrence Street

Yep Tuites, they are also on Trinity Street.

If you are looking for duck eggs they get them into Laurence's Street first. Fecking delicious.

Butchers in Tullyallen is also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

I've been known to travel from Balbriggan to Gareth's buthchers in Clogherhead for a big order for the freezer after discovering that place early last summer

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

In_tuition wrote: »
    Yep Tuites, they are also on Trinity Street.
    Tuites for me as well, user the one in the Bull Ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i go to the butcher at the brink service station - between slane and ashbourne - i know you asked for drogheda but you will not beat the meat or the prices anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

I have tried Tuites in the past but I find that anything they sell in a marinade tends to be gone off before you get to cook it! I have been to Clogher a lot recently and it's great. Thanks for all your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭haines35

Tuites are good and honest butchers,clogher is good he used to be in termonfeckin in the "expensive" place,tulyallen guy is ex tuites and also quite good,best in my opinion by a mile is Durnin`s in dunleer opposite carlitio`s we travel ten mile for a proper steak cut as you like.

PS.If you want aberdeen angus hit tesco tell the butcher that you it cut specially you will be surprised..... but its not irish beef no fighting now BUT its not irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Good place on Scarlet Street at the top of Francis St. Not sure about the prices but the meat is good quality IMO

Advertisement