Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to ask for this haircut in barbers?*Man Hairstyle*

Options
  • 16-01-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I saw this actor in a movie and thought his hairstyle looked cool (posted pictures).
    been wanting to get haircut like this.just been wating for it to grow since I always use to spike my hair up with medium spike length.:)
    I think it's long enough now but I don't know what to ask for in barbers to get this kind of hairstyle.
    anyone know how I should ask for this style like what to say or what specific words to mention :)?
    Comments would be really helpful :D
    cheers :D

*btw It's the asian chap's hair I'm talking about in the picture :)*
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Is it possible for you to bring in a pic? Am getting my long hair chopped off soon, and will be bringing a picture of the kinda style I am looking for.
    Its far easier than trying to explain it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 A_M

just bring a picture in. it will save a lot of hastle and disapointmesnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

I was thinking about that but I thought that it would be bit weird bringing in a picture...
    I guess I will :)
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

OP, I'd go to a hairdressers instead, barbers are razor jockeys usually and you definitely need a scissors cut there. For the first picture anyway (the Vogue pic) I'd ask to keep the length around the fringe but to thin it out a bit near the scalp and around the back but to have it graduate to the length you want on the fringe. Also keep the hair at the locks near enough the same length as the fringe too. But definitely bring in the picture, you might get hassle doing so in a barbers for that though but as I said, hairdressers is prob the way to go and use prob American Crew Fiber and blow dry it a bit to style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

OP, I'd go to a hairdressers instead, barbers are razor jockeys usually and you definitely need a scissors cut there. For the first picture anyway (the Vogue pic) I'd ask to keep the length around the fringe but to thin it out a bit near the scalp and around the back but to have it graduate to the length you want on the fringe. Also keep the hair at the locks near enough the same length as the fringe too. But definitely bring in the picture, you might get hassle doing so in a barbers for that though but as I said, hairdressers is prob the way to go and use prob American Crew Fiber and blow dry it a bit to style

Cheers.that really helped.

Any chance you know how I should describe the fringe in the picture?
    I have even length fringe now so should I tell the barber/hairdresser to cut my fringe in a way I can wear it to side or something? someone told me to use the term 'imbalance' fringe but I don't know if that's even a haircut term :p lol
    I'm really new to this hair thing so any help would be great :)
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Cheers.that really helped.

Any chance you know how I should describe the fringe in the picture?
    I have even length fringe now so should I tell the barber/hairdresser to cut my fringe in a way I can wear it to side or something? someone told me to use the term 'imbalance' fringe but I don't know if that's even a haircut term :p lol
    I'm really new to this hair thing so any help would be great :)
    thanks

Ya I'm sure if that's a word either, maybe they meant asymmetric? You'd be fine just asking it to be cut a way to wear it primarily on one side

Advertisement