Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earth science degree

Options
  • 16-01-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hello,
    Is anyone on this forum doing the earth science degree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

possibly.....i have notions to have a job like michael o clery http://www.birdsireland.com/oclery.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I did Geology, which takes most of the same modules as Earth Science, and I finished last year. Is there a particular question you had about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Is this a mixture of Geology and Geography?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

To be honest I'd say it's almost the same as BA in Geology and Geography, except instead of choosing one or the other, you're taking equal amounts of modules from each one (e.g. half geography, half geology). Which is pretty good to be honest, if this degree was out in my day ('06) I'd have done it. Instead I ended up having to do a BA in Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy and I'm now doing an MSc in Environmental Science. Geology is tough but interesting, it's a hard subject to do really well in (from experience of working with geologists) but it's extremely useful and there's a load of job prospects (not just oil and gas). And geography isn't too hard, some tricky bits but very interesting.

Advertisement