Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaiety theatre nightclub

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I thought it was closed.

I used to like it. It's different. The live bands are usually good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Dublin.

Haven't been to the Gaiety in ages but it was a nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I've been on a Saturday night and had a blast, got lost several times but always found somethin to entertain me!! Friday nights are awful though. I always found someone to pay for me so maybe that's why I found it enjoyable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

yep ive been there twice over the past 3 years.. they have some special like 1 in the 2nd half price?(dnt quote me on that tho)

it has like 4 differnet bars with diff music in each... they have a salsa band in one part which is cool... also a bluesy rock n roll part in another then upstairs they ahve a dj playing all modern pop/r'n'b/inide hits..

and then the cinema screen :-D woo a pint and a cinema!

Good mix of crowd! PRicey in and pricey for pints tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

they have some special like 1 in the 2nd half price?(dnt quote me on that tho)

too late...:p

i've never been but i did hear it used to be good...thought it was closed though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I thought they'd closed it too. Have been a few times but not in years. Used to be a great night out. Two or three different floors, each with their own band, usually something to cater for all tastes, late night opening (til 4.30 IIRC). Good night guaranteed, worth the cover fee IMO. If they're still doing it I might make a return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

have been there a few times and have mixed feelings: on one hand found it very shabby/ rundown and it definitely aint worth 15 squid in.

on the other its good to go for a one off and the late opening and is a plus.
    Brought some american relations with us and they loved it though
    Also the cinema is a nice touch: they were showing superman when i was there (with a handful of stoners sitting there watching)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

mconigol wrote: »
    too late...:p

i've never been but i did hear it used to be good...thought it was closed though?

too late? damn you work fast! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Once described in "the Slate" magazine as, "A shower of 30 somethings running around trying to marry each other."

Had a few good nights there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

studiorat wrote: »
    Once described in "the Slate" magazine as, "A shower of 30 somethings running around trying to marry each other."

Had a few good nights there though.

Was great when you could go to Bewleys for Breakfeast afterwards.
    Oh those healthy nights ...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I did a bit of prepress work for the slate mag, there was always a gang of people around my mac! Brilliant stuff. Collie D is right though, the Gaiety was great fun and open so late. Pity the license laws were amended to fook this place up, it was a good night and there was never any trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Never found it to be like that, it was the best late spot in the city anyway and always had a good mellow crowd, it had something for everyone and they regularly had this excellent Ska/two-tone band there, I loved that place.

In fact one of the good things I liked about it was exactly the opposite to what the Slate said, there was none of this crap with young piss heads stumbling around looking for mooch, it was just like a big house party in the band rooms, never really went upstairs to the DJs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭fontinalis

Was at ti once and wouldn't hurry back. One part had a ridiculously young crowd and despite another section having a good band it was a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

So is the nightclub still runing or not ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bedbug

Late night live at the Gaiety is apparently re launching Sat 27th Nov 2010 (saw it on Facebook)

Advertisement