Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPM Challenge!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I was curious what revs per minute had to do with music so I had a read of the linked site. It wasn't what I thought at all :).
    This is The Challenge - Record an album in 28 days, just because you can.

That’s 10 songs or 35 minutes of original material recorded during the month of February

I'm terrible for creating half-finished (or even less) tracks. I think the only challenge I might manage would be to finish just one song in February 2010 :).

Make sure to post up a link to your music when you're done El Pr0n!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

I never heard of it before, but its a great idea. think im going to sign up for it, all i need to do now is pressgang somebody into doing a bit of singing....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Malice_ wrote: »
    I was curious what revs per minute had to do with music so I had a read of the linked site. It wasn't what I thought at all :).

I'm terrible for creating half-finished (or even less) tracks. I think the only challenge I might manage would be to finish just one song in February 2010 :).

Make sure to post up a link to your music when you're done El Pr0n!

Yeah, maybe I should have described it in my OP :o Thanks for clearing that up Malice_! :)

And I'll be sure to post the tracks! Maybe, if people on Boards took part, we could all keep each other posted in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Hey im lost guys??

WHY?

PMI wrote: »
    Hey im lost guys??

WHY?

Why not??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe I should have described it in my OP :o Thanks for clearing that up Malice_! :)

And I'll be sure to post the tracks! Maybe, if people on Boards took part, we could all keep each other posted in this thread?
    No worries. I'd be much more inclined to pull my finger out and commit to something but I'm quite busy with work at the moment.
    PMI wrote: »
    Hey im lost guys??

WHY?
    As El Pr0n said, why not? It's about setting yourself a challenge and seeing if you can meet that challenge.

RPM's nearly upon us again, anyone going for it? I didn't get it all done last year, going to enter with my band this year, having extra people with me should provide a bit more motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

I might go for it for the laugh. Im not a songwriter and guitar isnt my first instrument but for a bit of craic! Get ready for some dodgy songs and even dodgier recordings!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

never heard of this. looks really challenging. Might give me the impetus I need to get the finger out on my home recording.

i'm gonna give it a go - why the hell not :D

Fandango wrote: »
    Im not a songwriter and guitar isnt my first instrument but for a bit of craic!

Nobody said anything about it having to be on guitar!

• Advertisement

Nobody said anything about it having to be on guitar!
    True but an album of solo Bass doesnt sound like it would go down too well which is my main instrument :D

WARPCD174-480-1.jpg

:p

WARPCD174-480-1.jpg

:p
    Ok, i stand corrected :) Dont think solo bass would quite be my cup of tea tho. Have to check that out at some stage tho for a listen out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

register on the RPM Challenge site - check

go though minidisc rough reocrdings for song/album ideas - check

make sure all leads/mics/laptop working - check

record a full album in 28 days - :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Air_Bass

Nice idea.
    A friend of mine did something along these lines a couple of years back for a similar challenge on www.makeanalbum.org - not sure if that site is around anymore though.
    I reckon this could be a cool challenge to try.
    I'm thinking "minimalist", "loop-based" and "stream-of-consciousness-lyrics" might be the order of the month - for me anyways.

Advertisement