Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to make a Course Transfer?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm currently doing the computer science honors degree course. However I'm finding it quite difficult and thinking about transferring on to IT Management. Half of the subjects are the same in both courses.

So I was thinking about maybe I could pass common modules and then maybe transfer over next year to the other modules.

Do you think this is possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

WizardJim wrote: »
    I'm currently doing the computer science honors degree course. However I'm finding it quite difficult and thinking about transferring on to IT Management. Half of the subjects are the same in both courses.

So I was thinking about maybe I could pass common modules and then maybe transfer over next year to the other modules.

I have heard of some students transferring between business courses at the end of 1st year, but I'm really not sure what the story is with the School of Computing. Your best bit is to make an appointment with your Head of Department and speak to them about it, and I would say getting it sorted sooner rather than later would be your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

I had a friend who did this after 2nd year of science, but he went into 1st year computing.

Possible to do though, make an appointment with the Head of Computing (who's name escapes me right now) and he'll talk ya through it; he's a really great help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

WizardJim wrote: »

Hey, I asked the IT head @ ITT the same question

What year are you in?

He said once you start either of the degrees, you can decide to do Comp Science or IT Management from 2nd year on, as both have the exact same 1st year

I wanna do a cert to try it out, then do IT if I stay on, but theres no cert in IT so that's why I'd be makin the same change

But yeah, you should be able to switch no prob

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Misa-san wrote: »
    Head of Computing (who's name escapes me right now)

Barry Feeney.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

That's it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement