Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

general nursing mature applicants info needed

Options
  • 16-01-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

I'm hoping someone can tell me what i need when applying for nursing as a mature student. I know I have to apply through cao, but I want to know do I need to include references and a personal statement? I know time is running out, but I've been concentrating on my ucas application recently and have only just decided to apply here too. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Shootenanny

Hi Gwendal

Is a few years since I applied for nursing as mature student but as far as i remember you apply through CAO using mature code.
    The nursing board then send you out info you need for apptitude test which has three parts - literacy, numeracy and work experience.
    You will recieve a score for this and if you reach a specified standard you will be called for interview.
    You will be sent a questionnaire type thing in which you detail your personal/work experiences based on the nursing domains of competence (professional/ethical practice; holistic approaches to care; interpersonal relationships; organisation and management of care and personal professional development)
    I can't remember if you post this or bring it with you to interview but either way you are interviewed by three people and they will ask you about what you wrote.
    If you are successful in the interview the score you recieved for the apptitude test will decide which course you get accepted on, in the same way as with CAO points.

Tis a long process and it was very stressful!!..but it is worth it in the end..I completed my nursing degree last year so if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I would include both, yes. It's not going to hinder your application in any way.

Advertisement