Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Hr-V reliabilty and space

Options
  • 16-01-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭

I tried searching for reviews online but had no luck. Has anyone any thoughts on the Honda HR-V SI 1.6 petrol, I have an A4 but it's not great for space in the back and 2 growing kids means it's time to change, other suggestions welcome.:)
    RS
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are known to be very heavy on petrol, 1.6 litre lugging that body around.

If you need something spacious then maybe look at an average medium family hatchback or saloon like a Mondeo, Avensis, Superb, etc. Most of them would have more space than the A4 which is also known to be tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Thanks, I was looking at them alright just as long as they don't compromise boot size for room in the back.(the A4 has a huge boot but no room for back seat passengers older than 2!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a look at some of the cars I mentioned, they are designed as practical medium family cars. The Skoda Superb for example has a large boot but it also has acres of space for rear passengers due to it's long wheelbase. Ford Mondeo would be another one to look at, they would probably be more practical than the HR-V which really only has easy access to the boot, rear leg room is not that impressive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Looked into one of these at one stage for 2 people + 2 bikes.
    By all accounts very reliable except the CVT automatic.
    No more boot space than a decent sized hatch.
    Didn't take any account of rear leg room.
    Ended up getting a proper estate as the HRV didn't have the same space (and was very overpriced 2nd hand back then, too many yummy mummies!)

A mondeo hatch has monstrous space with back seats down, no idea of rear leg room though!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they have a miniscule boot and passenger space is smaller than the A4. maybe a CR-V would be better for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

colm_mcm wrote: »
    they have a miniscule boot and passenger space is smaller than the A4. maybe a CR-V would be better for you
    Thanks, don't like the CR-V, too many yummy mummys have them as langdang said!

Advertisement