Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 sim in o2 dongle?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have pre-pay o2 broadband dongle. It's slow. I want to move to 3. But can I just buy a 3 broadband sim and put in my o2 dongle and get online, or do I need to buy the 3 dongle and scrap my 02 dongle?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Copacabana wrote: »
    I have pre-pay o2 broadband dongle. It's slow. I want to move to 3. But can I just buy a 3 broadband sim and put in my o2 dongle and get online, or do I need to buy the 3 dongle and scrap my 02 dongle?

Thanks.

like branded phones those dongles are sim-locked. Only an o2-sim will do in an o2 dongle afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

There are lots of sellers on eBay who will give you the unlock code for your O2 dongle for about €3. You can then get any new 3 sim card and register it for 3 mobile broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can use this website to unlock your o2 dongle, then it will work with a 3 sim just create a new profile in the modem software and set it up for 3, it's pretty easy, set you back about 15 euro http://www.dc-unlocker.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

All you need to do is unlock it and set up a new connection profile. I can unlock the dongle for you if needed. Certainly dont let 3 talk you into buying a whole new modem. Its unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Copacabana

That's great news. Thanks folks. Dont want to pay for another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 psp005

Img4.png

Img5.png

Hi,

I had purchased an O2 Datacard from Germany. And now in India, Bangalore I have put a Tata Docomo sim in the data card and tried to connect with it. The problem is it shows roaming in the GUI of the connection Manager and the speed is very low and the Traffic History shows only Roaming Data. Please let me know how can I use this O2 data Card with a Tata docomo sim purchased in Bangalore.

Advertisement