Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

corrolla health check

Options
  • 16-01-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hi all, i have recently bought a 01 corrolla from a SIMI dealer and thought everything was ok. the problem is that i have found afterwards this dealer may be dodgy!! i have not had the car checked although it is nct'd until 2011. he gave me a 3 month or 3000 mile warranty (which ever happens first). i thought by by being a SIMI dealer he checks the cars when getting them in, however i have found out that he doesnt check them. i know a person who traded a car with him and the engine on the car he traded him is on the way out. he sold this car a week later at a profit. any recommendations on what to do now about my own car and then if there is anything dodgy with mine what do i do next? thanks:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

hi all, i have recently bought a 01 corrolla from a SIMI dealer and thought everything was ok. the problem is that i have found afterwards this dealer may be dodgy!! i have not had the car checked although it is nct'd until 2011. he gave me a 3 month or 3000 mile warranty (which ever happens first). i thought by by being a SIMI dealer he checks the cars when getting them in, however i have found out that he doesnt check them. i know a person who traded a car with him and the engine on the car he traded him is on the way out. he sold this car a week later at a profit. any recommendations on what to do now about my own car and then if there is anything dodgy with mine what do i do next? thanks:o

Your mate is the only dodgy person I can see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭poolsupporter

well to be fair, this dealer was offering a 1500 scrappage on all used cars. thats the understanding my mate went in with. its not his fault a couple of days later the dealer sold the car at a profit. either way that was not my question, my question was, what if i have been the victiim of a similar deal by the dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

If you really are that concerned I have a voucher code for motorcheck.ie for 35 euro off one of their 101 point checks. It'll still cost you about 150 euro though with the discount.

They have numerous garages over the country so if you want the code just pm me and I'll send it through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What kind of check do you want? I'd imagine as a dealer giving a 3 month warrenty he would check it as it will only cost him down the line. Did you check your oil to see if it looks like it's been changed, have you looked at the brake pads or done any checks to see if the car has been looked over?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭poolsupporter

well i did some checks such as the lines of the body and engine block to see if it ever had been crashed but as far as anything else goes im a total greenhorn when looking for stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

what if i have been the victiim of a similar deal by the dealer?

Get the car checked if you are that concerned...something you should have done in the beginning

Advertisement