Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why..

Options
  • 16-01-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭

Why is it that some people are content to drive into someone else's car, clearly damage it, and then drive off as if nothing happened?
    I wouldn't think twice about acknowledging my mistake if I did it.

I've just been quoted 360euro to get a dent in my drivers door fixed (it crosses over the door crease). No note left after it happened, nothing. No cctv where it happened either.

I only just had some work done on that area aswell.

I'm beyond angry now, I'm just f*cking upset..

Just had to vent, and it seemed more appropriate here than in the ranting and raving thread..

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Karma will kick them in the ass hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

because as a nation we are pretty scummy. Plain and simple. I've lost count of how much I've spent over the years putting right damage I didn't cause

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Local kids had keyed my car, from fuel cap to repeater on wheel arch. Nothing worse than having a nice clean car with that running down the side.

Meh, too expensive to sort out too.

I feel your pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

For the simple fact that they'll get into trouble. Childish, dishonest vandalising fúckers. Pardon my french. Actually it would sort of be vandilism wouldn't it? Damaging something that doesn't belong to you and then running away?

And yes although there are some very very kind hearted and honest people among us there's a lot of scum among us as a nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

We have people here that drive the whole country to the wall and (are let) walk away as if nothing happened :pac:

Sh.t filters down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Because some people are d1cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sonic74f

OP, was that a bodyshop price or paintless dent removal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

possibly then didnt think they didnt do any damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

2AA7A50CB6634145A8634844AC67148F.jpg

Thanks bud, really needed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I do feel your pain OP. One of the reasons (among others) that I drive a cheap and cheerful rough and ready yoke now but I have had the same thing happen to me in a newer car. If its any conselation which I'm sure its probably not I strongly reckon that there are much more honest and decent people out there than the likes of the dishonest c*nt who damaged your car.

I will say also on your repair estimate that its worth shopping around to get the best quote. I've found that rates for such work vary absolutely enormously. Do remain mindful of the age and even moreso the economic worth of the car. Also if for example you intend to sell the car very soon don't sink too much into it for cosmetic damage unless you really have to for NCT for example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement