Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Sports suspension

Options
  • 16-01-2010 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I recently bought a 325Ci - 2004. I love it, I got it with M sports kit, with the beautiful M trims, leather M seats and body kit etc.
    The suspension also is sports and awesome on the right conditions.

Problem is the right conditions are 1% of the time.

What sort of options are there for making a ride less hard, as I regret the sports suspension as roads here are worse than at home and it can get quite bockity :mad:

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

is the suspension standard? did anybody put lowering springs in before you bought it?

i dont find the M-Sports suspension hard at all, but everybodies different i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

What sort of options are there for making a ride less hard, as I regret the sports suspension as roads here are worse than at home and it can get quite bockity

Smaller wheels perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Sports suspension shouldnt be causing you that much issue. I have it on one of our cars and SE on the other, hate the floaty feeling of stock 16" wheels and soft suspension, downright dangerous feeling actually.

Do you have runflat tyres? Tyre pressure correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

I've also got a 325ci with the MSport pack and suspension, and I even went as far as to upgrade the standard 17" alloys to 18"ers off an M3, and I still find the ride perfectly fine, but I don't really have expectations of an incredibly smooth ride, it's a sports suspension..
    Still, find it perfectly bearable even on the bumpiest roads, just need to watch for potholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Drop a rim size and use tyres with bigger walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

kceire wrote: »
    is the suspension standard? did anybody put lowering springs in before you bought it?

i dont find the M-Sports suspension hard at all, but everybodies different i suppose.

Nah its completely factory set up, spose its 2 years since I drove my last one and I have been driving a big arm chair of a station wagon in between !
    I guess its hard to know unless you drive one after the other to compare.

Interesting ideas, its not bad enough for me to replace all my wheels though.
    I have just been getting used to the new car and its particular nuances.

Advertisement