Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

team inquiry

Options
  • 16-01-2010 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

look i was thinking about starting a team but im not entirely sure how to go about it. could anybody shed any light on this subject for me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

mgsguru wrote: »
    look i was thinking about starting a team but im not entirely sure how to go about it. could anybody shed any light on this subject for me??
    1: Aquire a group of like minded people.
    2: Decide on a name - Remember... the more angry it sounds, the better you are.
    3: If you want, decide on a matching loadout - perfect for those nights on the town.
    4: If you want, run team training sessions... We run ours in the pub, and consist of lengthy repetative actions to ingrane them in our muscle memories (Dont bother Phractal)
    5: Play airsoft.
    6: Join an internet forum and partake in arguments about who is the best team, and moan and bitch when you are shown to not be. Naturally, everyone will see the truth of the matter like you do...
    7: Relax.

Firekitten's Top Team Tips. (C) 01/2010

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mgsguru

Thanks a million for the info.

i just wasnt sure if there was any official stuff to register a team with the IAA or anything like that.

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i just wasnt sure if there was any official stuff to register a team with the IAA or anything like that.

no need for anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Thanks a million for the info.

thanks again.
    No, no requirement whatsoever

Thanks guys much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

A.R.U. for the win!
    (Aisoft Ranger Unit.)

...and it begins...

xXx
    SpOoKy

Ok guys iv been thinking about this a bit more and iv decided that if enough people show interest in starting a team i might go ahead and do it. But if your interested iv started a group on bebo your more than welcome to check it out.

www.bebo.com/leinsterairsoft

if it proves to be as popular i am also considering developing a web page dedicated to the team.

cheers guys and thanks for all the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ok guys iv been thinking about this a bit more and iv decided that if enough people show interest in starting a team i might go ahead and do it. But if your interested iv started a group on bebo your more than welcome to check it out.

www.bebo.com/leinsterairsoft

if it proves to be as popular i am also considering developing a web page dedicated to the team.

cheers guys and thanks for all the info.
    http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055221876&page=34
    you should post that here bud:)

deco nate wrote: »

tried that link and its not working. could you double check it for me??

ok figured it out. you doubled up on the http:// part.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055221876&page=34

no worries i will post it there now.

• Advertisement

ok guys im actually surprised how slow this is moving...........

is nobody interested???.........

dude, you cant just start a team off like that,
    you gotta have a basic structure in the team before you start recruiting,
    building a intire team online isnt apealing.
    basic structure in your team would be to have say a few people in the team first, like friends or regulars you play with that are interested. Ask people your friendly with to start off with.
    recruiting on the field would be handier than online(just dont sound desperate and ask everyone lol)
    then with these few people start to play as a tight unit on field, get yourselves known as a good unit.
    recruit. but i wudnt recruit online man, never know what these onlines pedos are like lol
    pretty sure im just rambling on about useless info but i hope i helped a little bit lol
    my team was built from the ground up, i'm a founding member so i was in it from the very start(like a noob) and had friends who are interested, played our first game together, made a massive impression as i(supported by my team) captured the flag in the first 2 games we hav EVER played in airsoft lol.
    then becoming regulers so that you get friendly with other people, talk to them, ask them if theyr interested, when enough ppl are in, think of a team name, make the team peatch, then it shud be ALOT easier from there onwards =)

i hope i helped, i know i wrote alot that was given very little info but im tired, sorry!

check out my team website:
    www.aru.yolasite.com

xXx
    SpOoKy

Thanks for the info vinnie. But id just like to point out that i only said i would consider the formation of a team if people showed interest in the group first.

i understand what your saying and i know these things take time. Kudos on the website by the way.

Thanks for the info vinnie. But id just like to point out that i only said i would consider the formation of a team if people showed interest in the group first.

i understand what your saying and i know these things take time. Kudos on the website by the way.

No probs man, i hope all works well for you.
    and thank you very much :D

Hope to see you on the field some day soon!

xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

just be aware that there is a bit of work associated with being a team captain..you have the responsibility of selecting uniforms and organising the team patch as well as arrangin the followin weeks games and gettin numbers together..thats just something to keep in mind, best of luck with it though

thanks for all the info guys.

for the moment its just a group on bebo but im hoping that in time the formation of a team will be well anticipated. all are welcome to join the group if they want to.

ill always remember the day we took on the R.A.T.S out in oakridge. now that day was some serious fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

hey where abouts are you based. i'm in kildare playing a while now but without a team was on one but took a break for a while back at it now so if you want a hand developing your team give me a shout. i know what its like tryin to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Firekitten wrote: »
    1: Aquire a group of like minded people.
    2: Decide on a name - Remember... the more angry it sounds, the better you are.
    3: If you want, decide on a matching loadout - perfect for those nights on the town.
    4: If you want, run team training sessions... We run ours in the pub, and consist of lengthy repetative actions to ingrane them in our muscle memories (Dont bother Phractal)
    5: Play airsoft.
    6: Join an internet forum and partake in arguments about who is the best team, and moan and bitch when you are shown to not be. Naturally, everyone will see the truth of the matter like you do...
    7: Relax.

Firekitten's Top Team Tips. (C) 01/2010

So Calling a team Lemming's would be a bad start then aye ? . back on topic i have just started in the Wicklow area i might be interested too i have really no one to play with but the last time i played that wasnt a problem as every one is so nice

Well i myself am living just outside rathangan county kildare. And the only site iv played so far is oakridge.

so were pretty much based in county kildare. But accepting members from anywhere.

Advertisement