Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Decent and cheap garage recommendations?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

Just been quoted €560 for a full servce and t-belt for a 96 corsa petrol 1.2 - needs this done and I can't afford a new car but that sounds really bad, I got a service quote of €169 from the exact same main dealer before christmas and that included a replacement car for the day too, and got a €200 quote for the belt elsewhere. Both have gone up :(

Anyone know anywhere that'll do a decent quality service for a modest price? €560 is half the value of the car, can't go spending that on it. I'm in North Dublin.

Is pppspecial still doing any deals is his place, I'd even take it down there if you were.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try Kavanaghs on the fonthill road. I got my T/B and W/P done there on my focus, very resonable. That's a lot you've been quoted for a service. Ever think of doing some of it yourself? oil, pads etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭beachlife

Therre are lost of garages in north dublin that could do your car,In swords I can think of 5 or 6 good indi's that would do that car no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

beachlife wrote: »
    Therre are lost of garages in north dublin that could do your car,In swords I can think of 5 or 6 good indi's that would do that car no problem

Finding a good garage was never the OP's problem here, just the price :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Glen Tyres in Balbriggan. Charged my dad 250 euro for a full serice on his trajet and charged me 150 for full service on my 206. You might get the T-belt for 180 off him.

01-8412099 should be able to giv u a quote over d phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Atlas Tyre and autoservice on Drumcondra Rd beside Skylon did my Octavia recently. They were very good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bonito wrote: »
    Glen Tyres in Balbriggan. Charged my dad 250 euro for a full serice on his trajet and charged me 150 for full service on my 206. You might get the T-belt for 180 off him.

01-8412099 should be able to giv u a quote over d phone.

Just said they'd do the lot for €350 - timing belt, water pump, full service incl wheels balanced. You're a legend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement