Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Didnt want to start a new thread and since ye all seem to be the ladies in the know.....My period is 2 weeks late, have done countless tests (tesco,first response,boots,clear blue digital etc.) think there isnt a test on the market I havent tried at this stage, they have all been negative, have been to the doctor and his test was also negative, he took bloods just to do a routine check up, but said hes certain Im not, man has been my GP for over 12 years now so I think he knows my body pretty well (heres hoping)!

Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience, assume it would show up on a test by now if I was. (btw Im praying they've been right in being negative, in a long term relationship but now is not the time, maybe in a few years but not now, but I know there is such a thing as false negatives and know me freaking out about it isnt helping so hoping someone can talk some sense into me!)

Apologies for highjacking the mums to be thread, congrats to all of ye!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If your dr says your not then your not, I would suggest talking with your dr about what else it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BlackForestJule

If you are really freaked out by this, would a (vaginal) scan be an option to reassure you? You could ask your GP about it anyway (though I'm pretty sure he's right when he says you are not - the delay could be caused by loads of other (unthreatening) reasons.

Advertisement