Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What were the names of your goldfish

Options
  • 15-01-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi
    I'm working on an art project and would like people to tell the names of there childhood goldfish, and how they died and how they were disposed of. Would really appreciate this
    Thanks alot
    L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I still miss Spud. I can't remember if he was buried or flushed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I'm not sure the Cuckoo's Nest is the right place to do research like that. You might try Animals and Pet Issues under Rec. You'll most likely get a lot of silly answers here. I've never had any goldfish myself, only silverfish. And I was too busy trying to exterminate them to bother with names.

You monster! :eek:

Just be glad you didn't have to deal with steelfish. Not to mention platinumworms and copperfrogs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I'm not sure the Cuckoo's Nest is the right place to do research like that. You might try Animals and Pet Issues under Rec. You'll most likely get a lot of silly answers here. I've never had any goldfish myself, only silverfish. And I was too busy trying to exterminate them to bother with names.

Buh?!

:(

• Advertisement

Oh heck! I was about to exterminate a mod! I saw your post in the nick of time. Just as well you can type. Most silverfish can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I had a goldfish called Amnesia 'cos I forgot what I'd originally named him. I wish that was a lie. Then my sister's cat ate him. That was a sad day. Oh, and I had one called rocklobster after a B52s song. Think the cat ate him too. Sadface.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I first had two fish called Kim and Kelly (Deal). Then when they died I got three more - Alvin, Simon and Theo (he was too cool to be called Theodore). All five went into the compost heap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Oh heck! I was about to exterminate a mod! I saw your post in the nick of time. Just as well you can type. Most silverfish can't.

I run around on the keyboard and jump up and down on the keys. Takes ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bob and Isac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

goldie
    death by dirty water
    the bin

goldfish.gif

Thanks for opening up old wounds del88 :(

i'm sorry........:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Tinkerbell, Tinkerbell Too, Bobby, Boyd, Blackfin and Goldfire, All were listed as "cause Unknown" and may still be under investigation. All were given matchbox and tissue funerals and buried in the back yard.

It's only a matter of time before Decky's army of dead goldfish rise from their graves and wreak terrible, bubbly revenge! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Yes! They shall rise again! (That was mentioned at the funerals)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

speedy and bob!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

Ringos

he was a beta dancer
    such proud fins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Bruce and Orion.

Death by overfeeding. :(
    Funeral by flushing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Boosh and Karl. I decided to let them swim around in the bath while I cleaned their bowl properly.. I didn't know that my dad had sprayed disinfectant all over it an hour beforehand. They were flushed.

Advertisement