Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML Editor for noob?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Could someone please recommend a free (legal!), easily available good HTML Editor for a complete beginner to use?

I need something whereby I can write plain text and the HTML Editor should be able to automatically insert breaks into for me and is easy to use for formatting etc...

Anyone know where I could find such a piece of software?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Hi guys,

Could someone please recommend a free (legal!), easily available good HTML Editor for a complete beginner to use?

I need something whereby I can write plain text and the HTML Editor should be able to automatically insert breaks into for me and is easy to use for formatting etc...

Anyone know where I could find such a piece of software?

Thanks!

Microsoft Word and save as HTML. The code it creates is horrific though, but I can't imagine you need it to be compliant do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Mozilla SeaMonkey has a HTML editor.
    NVU is a HTML editor though it has not been updated in a long while (4+ years).
    Adobe Dreamweaver is popular and powerful though expensive (~$400).

download.com has others you could try.

If you weren't a beginner I would suggest a simple text editor to write the HTML and a browser to view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Seeing as how the full version of Dw was mentioned, its possible to download a 30 day trial of it from adobe.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

ps pad is good think its free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

Please please please do not use Microsoft Word for creating HTML pages!! Anything but.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fergaloc

I use CodeLobster , it is a editor for php, xml, css, html, javascript, ...ect

most editors you can download but can only get a 30 day trial unless you buy it, but CodeLobster will give you a 30 day free trial but you can sign up for free and it is doesn't expire and 30 days (never expires)
    v good free editor

CodeLobster

Advertisement