Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Set Up Question

Options
  • 15-01-2010 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

I have a linksys adsl modem with 4 outputs. One of these is connected to PC. At another location in the room I have XBOX 360 and blu-ray player. What I want to do is run one cable from modem router to these other devices. Do I get a standard router to do this ie. Cable from adsl router goes to other router and xbox 360 and blu-ray player are connected to this? Please let me know if this works or is it possible any other way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

That's a 4 port Modem/Router so you can run a cable from the 360 directly to the Linksys.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

gipo2 wrote: »
    I have a linksys adsl modem with 4 outputs. One of these is connected to PC. At another location in the room I have XBOX 360 and blu-ray player. What I want to do is run one cable from modem router to these other devices. Do I get a standard router to do this ie. Cable from adsl router goes to other router and xbox 360 and blu-ray player are connected to this? Please let me know if this works or is it possible any other way?

No need, as long as the device list stays at 4 you should be fine. The modem itself, provides routing over the wan & switching in the lan.

Just run the cable from the other devices into the ports beside the 1 used "computer" port.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement