Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooling off period/canceling contract

Options
  • 15-01-2010 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi, we recently switched broad from 3mb eircom to 1mb Pure telecom to save money. We did this to save money obviously, but we also have sky and we never considered also switching sky also, which in that case we would go with UPC and get their home phone, broadband and tv package, which would gice us alot faster broadband 1mb-15mb and we would still be saving money. Now the thing is, we signed with pure a few weeks ago, not sure on the exact date right now, but the connection only switched over today, ie it was eircom broadband yesterday, now its pure. My question is, does anybody know if the cooling off period with them starts from when we signed or when we got connected, as it was a few weeks between the two, as it would make the difference of us staying with them or switching to UPC for faster and cheaper broadband.

Also does anybody know if i can cancel the contract and if so how much i will be charged?

Any help appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Some contracts offer a 10 day cooling off, bet off calling them and pushing it politely.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

but do you know if started from the connection today, or when we signed up a few days before christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Afik its 10 days from when you agree to switch.Meaning before connection kick's in

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Irrespective of what anyone tells you here Pure are the only ones who can resolve this for you.

This link may be of use to you:

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/phone_and_broadband_contracts.247.LE.asp

Advertisement